Saturday, August 13, 2011

Reflecting on 10 Years

 "...be sure to enjoy it, they grow so fast."  I have heard this from any number of people who have seen me enjoying time with my kids.  Looking back over these 10 years I realize that cliche's are based in fact.  Ten years ago Bip was only 3; Yummy was 1; and Bizzy and Jelly existed only in my dreams. Another dream was coming true though, I was embarking on  a new endeavor as a teacher and business owner.

I began Kindermusik because I desperately missed teaching.  I taught 6th grade at Emory Markle Intermediate School  for 5 years before Bip was born.  My passion for teaching remained strong, but my desire to stay home with my children was equally present.  Kindermusik filled the void splendidly.

Back then I could never have pictured what August 2011 would be like, and I certainly would not have dared to dream life could be this good.  Ten years later, my children are all school age (Jelly starts Kindergarten this year) and Kindermusik with Ann Czeponis has expanded from classes at the studio to, Birthday Parties, Daycares, PreK's, School Field Trips and more.

Time has passed quickly. In the blink of an eye my family, my business, and my clients have grown up.  Thank you to all of you who have been there along the way.  I've said it before and I'll say it again... I have the best job in the world and Kindermusik families are the reason why.

I don't have pictures from our first studio at 4th & Vine Sts, but I thought I'd share with you the transformation of our current studio.  We moved in Aug 2006.  The music is by the Shannon Marsyada Trio. the song is called "Where Dreams Come In" it is about stepping out of your comfort zone and following your dream.  The trio's bassist is Lisa Welch the art teacher who has been a Kindermusik collaborator since 2004. Lisa currently offers classes Tuesday evenings at the Kindermusik studio.




No comments: